Friday, June 7, 2013

I HAVE ANOTHER NEW JOB!

Tonight and tomorrow I will be working that rooftop gig, but that's it. I landed the MOTHER LOAD of a new job; not only will I'll be working in the best hotel in the city...but in the entire United States. And it's union gig. I can already hear the click of the register. How this happened is beyond me. Dumb luck I guess. 

On Tuesday I thought I was meeting with the GM of the restaurant, moments before I walked into this person's office, I was informed that it was the GM, of the entire hotel/operation. Somehow I kept it cool and didn't shit my pants. This gentleman was exactly that. Couldn't be nicer. 

So if you can't tell, I am REALLY excited. I have a lot to learn, and I'm sure I'll fuck up, but the challenge has engaged my brain. For the first time in 4+ years, I will enjoy medical insurance, HUGE deal. Not only that, I'll be a union employee, so yeah, pretty much got hooked up. 

Even though I'll be a glorified "busser" I'll be probably be the best paid and provided for in the entire city of Chicago. If it sounds like I am bragging, well, fuck it, I am. I earned this opportunity, and I got it without anyone referring me, or doing me a favor. Therefore, I am very proud.   

I have to rock the rooftop at the other hotel tonight and tomorrow, and then poof! I am gone. 

4 comments:

Knoxxy said...

congrats!!

Mind Of Mine said...

Congratulations. I am sure you will kick ass!

Anonymous said...

Justin,
Great success and prosperity to you.
You deserve it.
Alex

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Just landed on your blog via the Sexual Escapades of a DC top. Finding a job these days is NOT easy -- so enjoy!!! So glad your mind is being once again engaged and challenged.