Friday, April 19, 2013

I LOVE LOUISVILLE, PART 1

Whenever my best girlfriend from high school get together, things get messy. Since she was 18 years old, she wanted to see her favorite band at this particular theater in Louisville; and we just saw two shows there. The first one was mind blowing, and not because I was drunk or really high on mushrooms. It just fucking ROCKED. 


This theater is most beautiful place I have ever seen any show. Ever. And perhaps one of the most amazing indoor places I have ever been in. And that's high praise coming from a lifelong Chicagoan used to such places. I don't mean to brag, but...this place has been frozen in time.  

And the sound was amazing. My ears still hurt. And the band, whoa, say what you will about Widespread Panic, but it was insanely AWESOME. With a head full of whiskey, my friend nearby and this tiny, intimate place...I haven't smiled so much in years. I literally almost fought back tears more than once.



Mostly it was just us hanging out; and sitting on the banks of the Ohio River at 5am, looking at really old school paddle wheel boats is just beyond amazing. Which my clothes still smell of (kinda like mud and bourbon). It was exactly what I needed to clear my head. And I feel so much better. Light almost. 

No comments: