Monday, January 23, 2012

I'M GOING STIR CRAZY

The "Stir Crazy" phenomenon is common this time of year for people, such as myself that live in Northern Climates. Obviously, it's been made worse with my reduced mobility. Although I can get around better now with this it's still no, ahem, walk in the park. It takes a ridiculous amount of time to do the things I am accustomed to. Like walking.

And although the help I've received from my friends and family, not to mention the hot fucking things the guy I'm seeing does to me, I still prefer to do things for myself. I've always been independent; despite my shortcomings, I pride myself on getting shit done not only for myself, but also for others. Thus my current frustration.

I have at least 3 or 4 more weeks of hobbling around; money is an issue too in that, yes, I am receiving Worker's Comp, but it's not close to paying my bills - although I'll make it work. Oh, and my co-worker's have established a slush fund for me, which is amazing and so sweet of them. But I like to earn my money. Ugh.

In the meantime, I am attempting to embark on various projects, such as learning plumbing (my kitchen sink is screwed up), organizing my pictures and writing - or rather dreaming up concepts of how to apply my latent talents. That being said, I would stab someone for the ability to get back to the gym. Or be able to work my shitty little job.

Be grateful for your health!

4 comments:

drew said...

people who are givers feel the way you do. There are the takers who would let you wipe their ass. You are a giver and it makes it tougher to receive without guilt. It means you are a good guy!!

Brett said...

Hey, set up a site and sell some prints of your photo's online :0)

Random said...

I sympathize, I really do, but aside from the physical pain and tight funds, this situation could actually be quite fun for you! Think of all the series you could watch, books/online stories/blogs you could read and computer/console games you could play! Then again, I'm one of those people who never go stir crazy and wouldn't mind having a legitimate excuse not to go to work... But still, this downtime might actually be a "blessing" in disguise. That aside, wishing you a speedy recovery *hugs*.

Mind Of Mine said...

You survived January!

A feat in itself!