Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I GOT MY FUCKING SWAGGER BACK YO

Perhaps I've hinted here and there at the sand storm of doom that became my life the last 3+ months, but I'm proud to say I'm fuckin' back in action. My "trip" to hell and back included the loss of my Aunt (a truly awful situation that I'll spare details of), losing a roommate (not the current awesome one) thus eviscerating my meager savings and the recent diagnosis of my Stepfather's prostate cancer.

At one point, I hit rock bottom towards the end of January, and actually made an appointment with a mental hospital (I'm not joking) but the day I was supposed to go in I blew it off, as I was super fucking hungover. And you know what? I'm happy that's how it turned out...I'm not narcotized on head meds, (although I still enjoy my green friend).

But you know what? Somehow I pulled myself out of that nasty fucking dark hole, and I feel SO much stronger as a result. I've adapted to the reality that is my life now, accepted it, embraced it even. Because even though I'm not where I want to be, I like where I am. From taking better care of myself, to my new job that I love, and my kick ass new Roomie, I got my shit locked down tight.

Now I just need to get laid.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha. "now i just need to get laid." nice

pulling yourselve out of the dark hole does make you stronger. strength that will help prevent you from falling down anymore of the dark holes that will pop up now and again.

drew said...

It seems the adversity in life is your greatest teacher. Everyone goes through it, some worse than others, but I feel in the end you learn something about yourself. I believe we are here on earth to do just that, learn.. and improve... good luck.. We all need that, too!!

JP said...

Well if you come to LA you can get laid son! XOXO

S J D said...

Woot indeed.

Dean Grey said...

Yes, Justin, you've been through a lot.

Hopefully your stepdad will gain the upper hand on his cancer. My thoughts are with your family.

I too have been hit with the proverbial sandstorm, crying quietly in a dark hole. I've accepted it and embraced it like you, yet instead of making me stronger it just seems to wear more and more of me away.

Sometimes I wonder if there'll be anything left.....

But everyone bounces back from hard times and it sounds like you're doing just that! Good for you!

-Dean

Anonymous said...

J.
Glad you're back!
Alex

Cockbag LLC said...

I think we both made a pack that 2010 would be better than 2009. Other than work everything in my life is great so I happy for that and for you more importantly.

Jackdaw said...

It's good to hear that you've overcome this bad period. Indeed, you always come out of it stronger.