Wednesday, December 12, 2007

ELLIOT GOULD LIKES ITALIAN FOOD (AND BRUNETTES)

Hi, I'm Elliot Gould (the one on the middle)...you might remember me from such films as Mash, The Muppet Movie and Ocean's Eleven, Twelve and Thirteen. On Sunday Night I was having a lovely dinner with my girlfriend Natasha at an little Italian bistro on the upper East Side. Whilst enjoying some anti-pasta along with a lovely bottle a chianti, I noticed that my clever/humorous antidotes were no longer holding Natasha's attention. More than once I noticed that her attention seemed directed just over my right shoulder at a random Guy From Chicago who mostly had his back to us. I tried to hold her attention by increasing the volume on my native Brooklyn/Upper East Side accent, but still her gaze wandered, over to this younger man with a buzzed head fronting a puffy coat on his chair. He seemed rather provincial to me, and one who very likely spends more time in front of a television than any off-Broadway stage, which is another way of saying that he seemed crude. He also seemed to use the wrong fork and utter the word "fuck" like a proper adjective. What a fucking tool...

OK - I'll admit, this might have been a somewhat clever post that was likely ruined by drinking too many margarita's with my Mom and the Roomie tonight. But seeing as my Ma' is passed out in my bed, and the TV in my den is too close to said bed (don't want to wake my peacefully sleeping Ma') I have turned to my PC to pass some time. But I did see a random "celebrity" in the flesh when in NYC, and this is my lame attempt to write about it without being lame about it (how fucking lame, no?) especially in light of a lame celebrity sighting...that man talks much too loud in person. Lame!

3 comments:

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

You forgot friends.

Thats where I remember him from.

Sweet sounds like fun was had. Hope NY is treating you well.

K said...

I think I would have passed him without a second thought. Good for you noticing him tho!

Thirty3 Naked Laydies said...

I prefer my celebrities at a distance. When they get too close, that's when the celebrity glitter falls off and you realize that they eat and #hit the same way we do. Lame.