Saturday, November 3, 2007

WEEKEND UPDATE

The Roomie is back in full force! After getting home from work last night we popped a bottle of bubbly and promptly emptied it - in like 45 minutes. Then we consumed some Old Style (classy, I know) along with some Jameson whiskey. Our mutual friend (her best friend from high school) whom I will call Big Pappa was also here, and soon after our other buddy MarK joined us and the four of us proceeded to get lit. Eventually we stumbled over to a bar for pizzas and more beer. By the time we left we were all drunk. There's really not much else to report since most of last night was a blur, but it's good to have the Roomie back!

In other news, I texted this guy, whom I will refer to as Polish guy, on Thursday night, (this is the guy I met over the summer at a concert and we've gone out twice since). I asked him if he had plans for Saturday and he responded that he did not, so I asked him if he wanted to get dinner, to which he responded "sure, what do you have in mind?" Since he came up to my 'hood the last two times, I offered to go somewhere near him. 30 minutes later, after not receiving a response, I sent another message asking if he had any preference on where we go. He never responded back...

Fuck it. Seriously...I cannot deal with flakes. Rather than going out with Polish guy, I am going to Big Pappa's costume party tonight, which should be awesome. My costume? I'm going as a Gangsta Rapper! Roomie and I spent the last 2 hours going to the various $1 stores in my 'hood, and I bought the following items which will constitute my costume:

1. Grillz. Yes, I am wearing fucking Grillz over my teeth, (at least for my grand entrance and for pictures).
2. Do-Rag. If you live in a major city you know exactly what I am referring to.
3. Bling. I have a huge gold necklace with a "$" on it, and also a gold bracelet and various rings.
4. Pager. I don't why I bought this...but it felt right a the time.
5. Gun. I thought it was illegal for stores in the city to sell toy guns, but I found one that did. It's looks like a Glock, therefore, I need to be careful with it when out in public tonight. I thinking of putting in my waist, haha.

In total, I spent a whopping $8 on my get up.

Items I have around the house that will be used to round out my costume include a neck bandanna (and I am going to wear it like the spray paint artists do), a wife beater, my big tough looking boots (they are not Timberlands could pass for them) and my jeans, that Ill wear without a belt so that they sag. Now all I need is a name for my alter ego...I'm thinking "White Out" is fitting.

The best part of my costume? Roomie's huge Russian friend is going to wear shades and a track suit, and be my bodyguard! Oh man, this promises to be a great night. The party is going to be stocked with 30 or so people, lots of food and plenty of drinks.

Hopefully, I will not get arrested tonight.

OH - guess who just responded back to my text from Thursday night? That's right, Polish guy. You know, he could have a valid reason for taking 48 hours to return a text message, and if he had replied back "sorry, my dog died" or "my house burned down" or whatever, but he did not. His message was "hey, what are you up to?"

Fuck that shit.

3 comments:

Matt in Argyle said...

HAHAHA, man you'd make an awesome gangsta rapper, I love to bodyguard idea too.

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Pictures paint a thousand words dude.. load some.

Bladdy hell, Polish guy isn't kool. Stay away.

K said...

Gangsta Rapper......oh Justin

You are so lucky I dont live in Chicago...there would have been repercussions for that get up!