Monday, November 19, 2007

COME UNDONE

From time to time the Roomie will poke fun at me for watching various French films of the "gay" persuasion. I would protest and claim that I was watching these films for their artistic merits, which is partially true. I enjoy watching foreign film because it allows me a window into another culture, another perspective on the world.

As a former student of film I can critique the editing, writing, cinematography, etc, with at least a modicum of technical prowess. That being said there is just something about watching tan, handsome, French male youths frolicking on the Mediterranean coast in various states of undress (to say nothing of one particular hard core gay sex scene). Hot!

OK, French guys making out, obviously hot. But I get something else out of watching films like "Come Undone". During my formative years when I came of age sexually, I was trapped in the proverbial closet and thus had little to no access or examples of what a gay relationship was like or about.

Of course, living life vicariously through films, even sexy French ones, is a poor excuse for the real thing. That being said, the film below more than held my attention. The third act meanders and makes little to no sense, but then a lot of relationships seem like that (at least the few romantic ones I have lived through) so it rings somewhat "true".

Bottom line, this is a great film, and Jérémie Elkaïm is such a hottie. Think back to the rush you felt during your first crazy bat-shit insane romantic experience. The anticipation, the giddy excitement, the sex, the joy, the sad aftermath, etc. This film is somewhat like that, only with better looking people (myself included) in a more exotic locale (ditto).

Enjoy!


10 comments:

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

I've seen this years and years ago. I think it was called Presque Rien.. I recognise the hottie from it.

Can't really remember very much about the story line, except some quite hot scenes from the beach and the weird ending. It was good though, that much I remember.

Steven said...

It seems to be part of that "must have" list for those who are out or recently came out. A good movie I must concur.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

>yawn<

Anonymous said...

Je suis ambivalente. For me it is, how do you say? Too huhuhuh, with no heyheyhey! Then again, je ne suis un homme avec penchants for les hommes francais.....

-le roomie

JUSTIN said...

Damnit le Roomie - you know I don't speak Spanish!

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

*Coughs* roomie is speaking French Monsieur, not Spanish.

She says she isn't fussed either way, after all she isn't a man with a thing for French guys.

Am I right roomie, my French isn't what it used to be 9 years back?

JUSTIN said...

I thought British people could smell sarcasm from a kilometer away!

Anonymous said...

Mas o menos si, eres correcto, Soul Seared, sobre mi Franglish.

-La compañera de apartamento

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

@Justin: We can. I claim your sarcasm isn't very good ;o)

@Le partenaire d'appartement: Votre Franglish est bon, y su Spanglish esta bien tambien.

Chicago's Bi Guy said...

ok Justin,

After looking at the clip I have to see this movie... if you have it you'll have to come over and we can drink some wine (beer for you since I know you're that butch) and watch it. Then after that we'll hit the bars and pick up some hot guys and have crazy sex.