Tuesday, August 21, 2007

SUCH BULLSHIT

I can deal with not having air conditioning...

I can deal with street parking...

I can deal with 99 years of the Cubs not winning the World Series...

I can deal with inconsistent water pressure...

I can deal with Chicago winters...

I can deal with living with my roomates cats...

I can deal with it taking 2 hours to drive from Libertyville to Chicago (like it did today)...

I can deal with 5 hours of sleep...

I can deal with paying almost 20% tax on a six pack of beer...

What I cannot deal with is not having any fucking water!

Tonight a water main broke and I have zero, none, nada access to water. I never thought how much not having water would effect my life, and this sucks. I used the last of the drinkable water to wash my hands to take out my contacts. No chance of rinsing off after hitting the gym much less flushing the toilet. The fuck do I pay such steep taxes for?

According to the person that works for the city that I spoke with, the water main that services my block got busted up and the water department is working overtime. Roomie and I tried to approach the work crew for more information, but as we drew near we realized this was not a correct course of action, thus we relented to the corner store for a sixer of cheap beer.

Ugh...instead of a big cup of water before bed I'm reduced to drinking a big ass can of Miller Lite.

I just want to brush my teeth!

UPDATE: Water restored, but little to no water pressure this morning. Good times! At least I was able to brush my teeth. I can't help but think that the water main break has something to do with the troubling number of sinkholes in and around my neighborhood. At last count there were 7 that could easily swallow a car tire. Apparently I live in the "Venice" section of Chicago...we're sinking!

4 comments:

Chicago's Bi Guy said...

You should have told me about this... I would have invited you and your room mate over to enjoy a nice warm shower at my place with the A/C on...LOL So any new word on when the water will be back on?

The [Cherry] Ride said...

That sucks. But couldn't you at least head to the gym and grab a shower (and a teeth brush) there?

J.R. said...

I bet you smell all musky and manly now, eh? Unlike the prissy, flowery scent you usually carry.

Nothing Golden Stays

jay said...

Nice new header.