Tuesday, June 5, 2007

DINO-MITE!

Seeing as it was a rather slow day at the office I had loads of time to while away on the Internet. After drooling over the new Dunhill watch collection, I set a goal to track down all of the Ferrari Dino's for sale in the United States. I found 2. Now I just need a super rich boyfriend to plunk down $145,000, (Attention: David Geffen, on the off chance you happen to be reading this, I will make it worth your while) and I'll be revving the shit out of a classic Ferrari.

The 1970 Ferrari Dino 246 GT was the successor to the extremely rare 1969 Ferrari Dino 206 GT, (only 149 were produced).

The main difference between the two is that the 206 is composed of aluminum whereas the 246 consists of a steel body. Both are bolted to the V-6 engine that was the passion project of Enzo Ferrari's son, Dino, who tragically died before the first automobile was produced. If this were a perfect world I would mate the 206's body with the more powerful version of the engine that motors the 246. Such is life.

There's a 206 in Las Vegas and a 246 in Portland for sale. I would fuck Rosie O'Donnell for either one. Not joking. Seriously, look at that car!




1 comment:

Eternally Recovering said...

The 246 is for me! Although as many car pundits have mentioned, just like yourself, the ideal would be the 206 with the 246's 190bhp V6. Niiiiiiice!
I have been lucky enough to park two of Enzo's creations in my younger days...an F355 and a F40. Real nice soundtrack when you rev those engines!