Wednesday, September 4, 2013

FUCKING 34

Thanks in advance. YES, it's that time of year, when I notch another year to the headboard that is my life. Holy hell, I am still here. 


Not that my birthdays are a big deal; I am far too self conscious to have a "day" or worse a "celebration" directed toward me. Instead, I just drink and hang out with a few friends, listen to the obligatory story from my Mom about the day I was born, jerk off and pass the fuck out. It's kinda like any other day.  

Except I usually NEVER work. Today was the exception. For whatever reason, I did not request the day off, and dutifully reported to the HOTEL at 8:30AM, scanned the room (it was very quiet) and plead my case to my manager. And did the "well, it's dead, it's nice out and...IT"S MY BIRTHDAY". 

So I left after an hour and a half. Tossed my suit in the uniform bin and walked around the Gold Coast on a remarkably beautiful day (*with Ex-Roomie - those poor hippies, I hope they aren't in jail). Here's the view I peeped from the lake...


My current Roommate is on her way to West Virginia, of all places, so fuck it, I'm smoking inside, playing Chance The Rapper far too loud and drinking whiskey. And taking pictures. 

PS - In the middle of writing this post, I went to get beer from the corner, and I encountered a UPS driver with 3 boxes. With my name on them. I got THIS: http://www.yescomusa.com/5in1_32_in._Foldable_Round_Studio_Light_Reflector_Stand.html

Cheers All!

2 comments:

dan said...

Happy Birthday Justin!!!! glad you got the day off, take some nice pics. ;)

Anonymous said...

Yo Justin,
Please don't make us wait until birthday 35 for more of your wit!
Alex