Sunday, August 5, 2012

OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE

In the past I barely gave even a passing thought to the shit that came out of my mouth, and even here when I write I don't hesitate to drop the f-bomb, and it's NEVER for dramatic effect. It's just how I talk...but lately my way of communication seems to offend people, and I don't know why. 

It's not like I say "fuck" in front of little kids or little old ladies. Awareness of my situation has always and will be something I sill stay true to. But even then, some people will be offended when I say "Jesus Christ" or "Oh my fucking God". 

My intention isn't to offend anyone's religious beliefs; it's how I was raised and my environment. But it's also not entirely sub-conscious. I will use certain words for dramatic effect, if the situation begs for it. Like if I stub my toe (frequent) or on the business end of a crazy phone call. 

There is a place for words.  

3 comments:

drew said...

I don't mean to judge but dropping the F bomb in public is very rude. Sorry, I think you could do better. When people hear you they immediately think of you as a low life. Is that what you want? I have been reading and enjoying your blog and feel like you are a great guy. I would try to break that habit.

JUSTIN said...

All good man, just my sense of humor. Sarcasm tends not to travel well via words.

H said...

I was thinking about offensive language the other day in regards to my children. My daughter loves to sing, every where we go she sings and some songs have the word hell of damn in it. People make comments that I let my 9 year old say hell of damn and it got me thinking about what idiot sat down and decided that the word hell, damn, shit, fuck, bitch etc were bad words? Why are they bad words? Because society says they are? It pisses me off.....