Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I'M TRYING SO FUCKING HARD

...to live up to my potential, to support my family and friends, to stay "true" to myself. I'm under so much fucking stress, and I don't know why. Maybe it's the job, or family relations, or what the fuck else. But I've sucked at life lately, and I want it to change and feel good for the first time in a long while.

I realize people got it worse than I do, but that's cold comfort. I've thankfully been given options to prove myself, and I have every intention to do so. And I'll do it...to a fuckin' T. But what toll will it take? What's left for me at the end if the day? Is that a selfish question to ask?

Don't you dare steal that awesome picture of the Marina Towers...without asking. That shit took me a long while. Oh, and btw...I'm throwing my hat in the ring to become a commercial photographer. And also to play shortstop for my beloved Cubbies.

I just wanna kick life in the ass right now! And shit keeps getting in the way. Am I to ambitious...or too easily thwarted? Or do I think too much? Fuck this. I gotta go to work. Or just blast Punk Rock? I think so...

4 comments:

drew said...

justin, I think life can come at you too hard sometimes and then things let up. I think it is how you deal with the hard times that develops each of us. It is not easy and it seems the answers are not easy either. Just remember that many of us out there are going through similar hardships. You just keep being the best person you can be and I think it will all work out. That is my personal belief so that and a $1 will get you a double cheese burger at Burger King!! enjoy reading your blog..

The New Me said...

no such thing as too ambitious. Don't let it get to you, just keep plugging away.

Dean Grey said...

Justin!

Wanting it to change is the FIRST step!

I'm a firm believer that it's not about how much shit is thrown at you but how you handle it when it hits you right in the face.

Think of it as basic training and when all is said and done, you'll be one mighty soldier!

-Dean

P.S.: Great pic! Very symmetrical, eye-catching perspective, and well balanced. Keep pursuing your photography!

Dave Radin said...

What kind of camera do you have? I remember you mentioning you'd gotten a new one.

Nice shot - a polarizer would deepen the sky color and make the image pop a little more.