Wednesday, February 14, 2007

SOME OF MY THINGS

These Boots are made for stomping but in reality I just use them when it's really nasty and wet outside. I bought them about 5 years ago in a hardware store and I plan on keeping them for the rest of my life (my guess is that they'll outlive me). I break 6' when I wear them and they make a tremendous "thud thud", especially on hardwood floors. The steel heels and steel toes make me feel invincible although if I was ever in a "fight or flight" situation and decided upon the latter I'd be screwed as there is no way in hell I could run in them.

For some reason people are always enthralled with the .357 Magnum bullet on my key chain. I've had it since I was 16 and consider it a good luck charm, kinda like a rabbits tail but less 80's-ish.

In addition to keeping beer and food cold my fridge represents my skewed religious convictions. There's also a picture of Eddie Izzard, Rick James and Donald Rumsfield.

Yes, I have an Atari. Sharp eyed readers will notice it's not an original but rather a reproduction I bought it for myself as an early X-Mas present (it was on sale at Target for $20). It came preloaded with 40 games and I like to challenge guests to obscenity laced games of Pong and Arcade Asteroids.

I'm planning to go one a massive fiction binge once I'm done reading this stack of non-fiction. The fat, gold one of the bottom, "The Encyclopedia of Chicago" is a prized possession. Nearly everything there is to know about my city is contained within. I plan on getting a protective wrapper for it so I can leave it out on my coffee table but for now it's staying put.


Clark. Gable. I used to work in a frame shop and a customer dropped this off one day to be re-framed and they never picked it up, thus I ganked it. It's my second favorite object hanging on my walls despite it being really creepy at night when I pass it in the dark on my way to the bathroom.


And finally...The Puffy Coat. This was a Christmas gift last year and probably one of the most practical I've ever received. Few things can stare down a lake effect snow storm as effectively as this coat and win. For some reason it was equipped with a bag in the left pocket that can swallow the entire thing.

1 comment:

about a boy said...

nice things. nice post.