Friday, February 16, 2007

PAST LIFE

I was googling to find a William H. Burroughs quote today, one in which he explains his “past lives” bio. Never found the quote but I did find this: Past Life Analysis. You simply type in your date of birth and the site generates a “Past Life Diagnosis”. Here is mine:

Your past life diagnosis:

I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your lastearthly incarnation. You were born somewhere in the territory of modernNorth India around the year 700. Your profession was that of a builderof houses, temples and cathedrals.

Your brief psychological profile in your past life:You had the mind of a scientist, always seeking new explanations. Yourenvironment often misunderstood you, but respected your knowledge.

The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:Your lesson is to study, to practice and to use the wisdom that lieswithin the psychological sciences and in ancient manuscripts. Withstrong faith and hard work you will reach your real destiny in yourpresent life.

Do you remember now?

First of all, it’s creepy when electronics speak to me, especially since I respond. Secondly, I hate new age shit like this. I’m mildly interested in philosophy and took a few classes in college but that’s as far as I go. Plus, I’ve had plenty of experiences “philosophizing” under the influence of psychotropic compounds that, instead of being illuminating or mind altering is really just inane gibberish. Or at least it is once sober. Example: “The glass isn’t half full or half empty; it’s just a glass, man…” I really said that once. But in my defense I was still in high school at the time and listening to The Doors.

So, “how do I feel about this”? I suppose there are a few things that make sense. I can see myself being a builder in a past life. I used to always play with my Dad’s power tools when I was little to build stuff, I’m a huge architecture nerd and although I haven’t stepped foot inside a church in several years, I still admire them from the outside.

I like how it’s phrased “you HAD the mind of a scientist”. Well, that very well might be true because in this present life, science is one of my arch enemies. I remember having to learn the periodic table of elements in grade school and it freaking the fuck out. All those colors and numbers…no thank you. Photosynthesis? I know it involves plants and sunlight, that’s about it though.

And no, Mr. Computer, I don’t remember now who I really was in my past life, so I’m still going with the theory that I used to be Steve McQueen and have reincarnated as a gay man to spite his homophobic tendencies. Payback’s a bitch.

2 comments:

Hamilton said...

Man.. my result is that I was a woman born 1500 years ago in Yugolovia and I was an actress and a musician.

My lesson is to learn to conquer jealous and anger in myself and these problesm are from self-regret. That is kinda creepily accurate @_@...

about a boy said...

that is a kinda creepy. i was a woman in my past life (always knew it!) but i lived in australia and was either a sailor or a shoemaker. interesting...