Friday, March 18, 2011

THE DAYS OF...


I'm 2 weeks deep in what I refer to my "classes", which are actually out-patient treatment for being what a refer to as a "Problem-Human", or as the professionals consider "in-need", or common folk consider "normal". I've never been in any form of therapy before; I don't agree or disagree with it, but overall it's like a CHORE, something to do and after it's done I feel a slight relief.

From what I can tell, group therapy is less than effective in that many people are grouped together with many different needs, and as a result, the "Provider" is forced to gloss over all these fuck up's (me included) and tonight we settled on watched a movie, "The Days of Wine and Roses". It's black and white and stars one of my favorite actors, the legend...Jack Lemmon.

They are not long, the weeping and the laughter,
Love and desire and hate:
I think they have no portion in us after
We pass the gate.
They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
Out of a misty dream
Our path emerges for a while, then closes
Within a dream..

Pretty much sums it up for me right now; I really adhere to that particular stanza; I'm tired of being tired and chasing false dreams, done that for so long it's lead me to here, and here lacks a any satisfaction

I want REAL shit. But I can wait; been this patient might as well slowly churn this life out.

2 comments:

Dean Grey said...

Justin!

I think therapy is only as good as you let it be.

Having gone to several one-on-one "sessions" myself, it really didn't do much except point me in the right direction.

Unfortunately I think I've been going sideways and backwards ever since!

-Dean

Mind Of Mine said...

Exactly what part of your humanity do they think is the problem?