Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'VE BEEN DESCRIBED AS "WAIF-ISH"

On Monday I saw 2 old friends (you know who you are) and amidst our mutual revelry, my female friend intoned "you look really skinny, waif-ish even". It's true, I have lost weight recently, but not because I have an eating disorder, as my friend jokingly suggested. I mean, right after we had this conversation I inhaled half of a large pepperoni pizza, along with 4 beers. If anything I should look like Dom DeLuise.

And seriously, after spending 3 months with my arm in a sling, hosting daily personal pity parties, I should have gained a fuck load of weight. The difference, as far as I can tell, is the new job. During a typical 8 hour shift I'll have to climb and descend 2 flights of stairs 50 times minimum. Often time I'm having to carry heavy shit like a barrel of ice. Other times I have to hoist a dirty tub of dishes above my head without dropping it on any number of people. Ever changed a keg? Holy shit are those fucking heavy!

Next month my gym membership expires and I'm seriously considering canceling it. What's the point? And once it gets warmer out I'm going to start biking again, probably to work and back. Oh! And my hair is growing out, this morning I went to the gym with a raging case of bed head and didn't give a fuck. Not having a shaved head is somewhat of a novelty. Let it grow!

8 comments:

Mind Of Mine said...

A guy working in a bar works SSOOO HARD!

Dean Grey said...

Justin!

Go you!

-Dean

Bruce said...

You see, change CAN be good.

Aaron said...

i can shave your head for u!

Anonymous said...

if you're "waif-ish" then maybe you should keep your gym membership. lift some weights to bulk up.

JUSTIN said...

@Buffguy: I'm actually thinking of hiring a trainer.

Anonymous said...

@justin -- there you go man. get jacked up man. although i hear those personal trainers can me expensive

Crap Newsman said...

backbreaking work = superior body