Sunday, March 2, 2008

THE HELIO SEQUENCE - "KEEP YOUR EYES AHEAD"

About 2 weeks ago I downloaded a file marked "keepyoureyesahead" from a band I had never heard of, The Helio Sequence, and promptly forgot about it.

Fast forward about a week and I'm cleaning up the 'ol desktop and I came across a mysterious file. Boldly throwing caution to the wind, I unzipped and transferred the songs in iTunes.

Usually it takes a few listens for me to warm up to a new record, especially to a band that I had never heard before. Not this time, no sir!

Here's a tracks being performed live. Now, I realize that videos of concerts found on YouTube look like shit and sound worse, these are actually pretty good.

So, without further ado, I invite you to experience a mini-concert...

"Lately" [Note: this isn't the "happiest" song, but it's a damn fine one]



"Can't Say No" [Note: for lack of better word, I say that this is a "dreamy" song]



"Keep Your Eyes Ahead" [Note: it's a bit jumpy at first, but once it gets going, it Fucking Rawks]



Not sure what's with this new trend of 2 man bands that are capable of creating so much awesomeness, but I like it...

No comments: